Board-Certified Dental Anesthesiologist
I had the opportunity to learn the art and science of anesthesia during my dental training at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Fear of the dentist is pervasive in this society, and there’s a shortage of professionals who have the appropriate skill set to treat these anxious patients, particularly children.
I was drawn to the immediate impact that the dental anesthesiologist can have in the lives of both the patient and the treating dentist. Before I knew it, I graduated from a three-year dental anesthesiology residency program.
Since then, I have been fortunate enough to carve out a niche within the pediatric dental community using cutting-edge techniques for outpatient, office-based anesthesia. Through my faculty appointment at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine’s Department of Anesthesiology, I am blessed to be able to teach this skill set to future generations while staying current with emerging treatment modalities.
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish – Allegheny College
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Dental anesthesiology residency training – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Board-certified Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Clinical Professor – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology
A Bit About Me
I was born and raised in suburban Pittsburgh and continue to live in a suburb north of the city. Because of this long affiliation with the city, I am an avid Pittsburgh sports fan, including the Steelers and the Penguins. In my spare time, I love to golf and enjoy traveling.